CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »


Everyone loves a good love story but why? Why a romance above anything else? What truly makes a book or a movie a "beautiful" or "good" romance?

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Addicted to love?...Why?

Ever wonder why when you step into a bookstore you beeline straight to the romance section? I have. After cleaning out old books to make room for the new, I noticed that as teenager I enjoyed romantic teen fiction above other genres. Even now I'll still grab a Nicholas Sparks novel before I reach for a Dan Brown novel. So what makes romantic novels so captivating? Why do readers, specifically females, grab romance novels above others as often as they do? What makes a good romance novel?To answer these questions I plan on reading a couple of the romantic teen fiction I cleaned out of my bookshelves to maybe trace ideas as to why the romances are interesting to teen readers that eventually become addicted-to-romance readers.


** The two novels I have chosen are Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti and Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

0 comments: